Saturday, March 24, 2012

Running, Worms and Coffee

I'm happy to say that this morning's easy 4 miles was just that.  Just me, the trail, tunes and the worms.

I wish I had a picture of how many worms there were on the ground this morning!  It was like a game of dodge-worm.  I tried my best not to step on them, but I can't be sure...I may have nailed a few.  What are they doing on the trail?  Don't they know they need dirt to survive?  Worms.  Ek.

I had my new favorite, Strawberry Shortcake Dunkin Dounuts Coffee and my faithful companion, Sweet Jordan and I ran some errands.  After hitting up a 31 party, we went through the Drive Through at Jimmy Johns.  How exciting is it that they have a drive through?!
Where have you been my whole coffee drinking life?
Then we went to pick up my race stuff.  A long sleeve T-shirt and my running digits.  Now, I don't know the unwritten race rules.  Is it dorky to wear your race T-shirt IN the race?  I guess it doesn't matter the answer to that question, because I'm going to wear it anyway!  It's long sleeve, and I think it'll be perfect for the weather tomorrow morning.
I still might decide to wear my florescent green shorts.  That will be a game time decision.
It looks like the freakishly summer-like weather we've been having is over for a while.  Most people would be sad about that, but I'm secretly ok with it.  I'd sooo much rather run in cooler weather.  For this reason only, I sacrifice my summer sleep-in days to run before everyone gets up.  Although it can be a pain in the butt to get up and go out while everyone is so comfy, and still sleeping...I'd much rather do that  when I can than run in the mid-day summer heat.

But, since it's still only March, I don't have to worry about that for a while.

And, I gave my "blog" a makeover.  I think it's more "me".  So, since I'll probably never get one, at least I can treat my on-line journal to one.  How sweet of me!
Go Gophers!

9 comments:

  1. Hi - love the new blog look!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, Dunkin Donuts - YEAH!! (my downfall..... :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you actually get the coffee at Dunkin Donuts, they do Skim Milk, so that's a plus!! :-)

      Delete
  3. They say (who ever they are) that's it's just unseemly to wear your shirt on race day. I wear mine proudly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, found you on morning blog hop. http://kground.blogspot.com/

      Delete
    2. Well, I didn't wear it, but only because my Hubs said I shouldn't switch it up and wear something I've never run in before! I wore it the next day though!

      Delete
  4. ummm eeeek, worms... but yum on the coffee.. never seen shat flavor.. actually never even heard of it.. looks SO good.. has it been out for awhile??? i have to find it.. like now! LOL..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how long it's been out, but it was still on sale at Target yesterday!!

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks for reading!