Tuesday, April 24, 2012

On Being a Kid

Having 2 kids of my own, and being around kids ages 2-15 daily...I have noticed that there are certain things that are totally socially acceptable for children, yet would be appalling if an adult did any 1 of these things:

  • wiping your nose with the collar of your shirt - gross, but what else do you do when the nose is running, you're outside, and don't want to put a damper on a good time by going inside for a kleenex
  • proudly wearing your white socks with shoes like - Crocs, velcro sandals or mesh water shoes
  • staring and waving at people you don't know in a restaurant - tell me how creepy it would be if I stood up on the booth and started waving at the lady behind me...but when kids do that it's just so cute!
  • leaving the door open while using the restroom...even during a party or gathering - no big deal
  • talking about #2...at a party or gathering...proclaiming that you have to go - "Mommy, I have to poopy!"  People laugh, awww, that's so cute...
  • running around sans an article of essential clothing - inside or outside
  • wearing shoes that light up with your favorite character on them - what I wouldn't give for a pair of light up Blake Shelton running shoes in size 9.5!
  • jumping up and down, waving your arms like mad waiting for someone to unwrap your popsicle - saying, "Pop-Sic-Le, Pop-Sic-Le!"
  • wearing a paper crown made for the current holiday - bunny ears, santa hat, "It's my Birthday!"
Fashion DO or DON'T...and I'm talking for me...

What are some hysterical things your kids do that make you laugh?

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Loved this! Thanks for linking up on Welcome Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks for reading!