Other than that, you know it's time for bed when...
- During your 2nd hour prep period at school, you can barely keep your eyes open.
- You feel like you need your 3rd cup of coffee at 3:30 p.m.
- It's 5:00, and both kids are yawning and rubbing their eyes, and you haven't even had dinner yet.
- The thought of cooking dinner gives you a headache, but you're too tired to pack the kids in the car to go out.
- At 6:00, your 2 year old asks if she can go to bed. You say no. You don't want your 2 year old to wake up at 4:00 in the morning. Selfish, maybe, but I can live with it.
- An innocent game of Candy Land ends with a brutal wrestling match over who landed in Licorice Lagoon.
- You're on your 10th trip to the bathroom with your 2 year old who keeps "changing her mind" about going #2. Last time I checked, your "mind" wasn't in charge of that process. But, you're too tired to argue.
- At 7:00, you're sitting on the couch, and open your eyes, and thank the Lord that only 4 minutes have passed since you last looked at the clock. It seemed like an hour. You get some ice water to drink.
- At 7:25, everyone is crying, because your 4 year old couldn't zip his pajamas. Then, everyone is crying because you say it's bedtime.
- At 7:30, your 4 year old is now crying because he's not in bed yet.
- It's Friday, the end of the first week back in the routine after a 2 week Christmas break.
Somehow in the midst of the Friday evening haze, we had a long jump contest. It was pretty fun...maybe that did us in...
We'll call this "Yoga Mat Long Jump, with Kitchen Towel Markers"
Tomorrow will be a better day. With a good night's rest, everyone will be back to their chipper selves and we can start fresh. And, it's a Stay Home Day, which is the icing on the cake.
Speaking of cake...No workout for me today. I didn't get up in time this morning...add that to the madness, and I am just too freaking tired to do it now.
Oh well, tomorrow's another day.
Does any of this sound familiar to you? Or, are my family and I just CRAZY??