Plain and simple; things get in the way. We all know what these things are. They are whatever it is that pulls you away from working out that day. Those ...things...
Sometimes it just takes a good old fashioned mind trick to get you back in the game.
I got myself a new pair of shoes. I was definitely in need. I had hit, probably, the 500 mile mark on my oldies but goodies. I got them in August, and I was feeling like it was time for a change.
So I went to the Total Runner and got these babies. I took them for a run this morning and they were great. And, they're pink. They are a little less cushioned than the Brooks Adrenaline, and a little less arch support. But, the guru at the store told me I'd be fine with the New Balance 890. I like that they felt a little lighter, and the toe box is a little bit roomier. So, we'll see how they work out.
|New Balance 890. Size 9.5.|
|Brooks Adrenaline. These aren't mine. Mine are much, much dirtier.|
1. Change it up. Change the scenery. Go a different route.
2. Change up the music. Or, try going without. When you have it again, it'll have more bang. I went without today for my 7 miles. It was...well...something I'll have to get used to. Different, but good.
3. Reward yourself. I got me some new shoes!
4. Set a goal far enough ahead so you've got to keep going, but close enough that you won't get discourage. I've set my sights on a June Half in Ann Arbor, MI after this Sunday.
5. Recruit a friend or 2. At least to keep in touch with on your progress if anything at all.
6. Love your results. Stick with it, and YOU WILL SEE RESULTS!! Whether you want to get faster, stronger, leaner, or all of the above, it won't happen unless you stick with it! So TRY HARD to keep yourself motivated to KEEP IT UP!!