Sunday, April 15, 2012

Birthday Boy and the 1 MIle Vacation

It's very hard for me to believe that this guy is going to be 5 years old tomorrow.

He is literally the sweetest, sportiest, smartest, most amazing little boy there is.  Hands down.  Love him more than he'll ever know...
D Man!
My Little Man picked Jimmy Johns for his birthday dinner tomorrow!  That's my boy!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since I have a love for running, but not a love for much change, I stick to running right around my neighborhood.  There are trails and parks, but I don't always stick to those.  I have my couple routes I run...all the time...but I've found a new one.

It makes me feel like I'm on vacation or something.  The past 5 or so runs have pretty much been the exact same route, down the same streets.  One of which happens to be a small road on this bitty little island with a dead end.  I love running down that way because it's along Lake Erie, and I feel like I'm running on the water on some sort of weekend getaway.

That lasts for 1 mile...to the end of the island and back...and then it's back to the same side streets.  I'll take a 1 mile vacation once a day over none at all!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One mistake I make when working out...I make it more frequently than I should...is not hydrating myself properly before hand and during, whether it's a video or a run.  On Saturday, I ran my "Island Vacation" and all I had before running was a pot of some coffee.  I didn't really think about it before I left.
This is me, looking so happy with the coffee in hand.    The Tim's cup is a morning purchase, refilled with more I made at home...why'd I buy it in the first place?  Admitting the problem is the 1st step, I guess...
Did you know that caffeine will, indeed, suck the life out of you?  I felt like crap-o-la for a couple of hours after my run.  That is not what a vacation is supposed to leave you feeling like!  But it was most likely due to the fact that coffee does not serve as the best hydration method...ever...especially before exercise.

Now, a cup or even two, I'm sure would have been much better than the pot.  Note to self...all things in moderation.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last thing...I got these shoes a little while ago now.  The beginning of May.  They are great, I love the way they feel, and I think I even like them better than my Brooks that I LOVED.  But, I noticed that they are ripped on the inside of each shoe right where the laces reach the top.  Here...
They're kind of hard to see, and now that I'm thinking about it, kind of ridiculous to have taken a picture of,...the most interesting part being the one green sock and 1 orange sock.  
Now, is this normal?  It looks like I took that part of my shoes and rubbed it on the concrete or something.  I haven't done that.  Just running.  I've tried to pay attention to see if my feet rub together while I'm running, or something...does this happen to you?  It's weird to me.  Unless it happens to you, then I would feel like it's not so weird.  A little bit, but not as much as I do now.



1 comment:

  1. Love the blog! new follower from mbc and blog hop!
    heres mine too
    todaysworkingmom.blogspot.com
    bottlebootcamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks for reading!