Tuesday, August 14, 2012

How NOT to give something up...

So, I've been running a lot more lately.  By some standards, I may as well be sitting on  the couch eating Better Made Barbeque chips, but by my standards, I've been running a lot more lately.
Not my bag....my bag's in the garbage...uggg...source  If you like chips, then you'd better check these babies out.  If you don't live in MI, then you can have them sent to your home...to your front door step.  Then you're in real trouble.  Go ahead.  Try them.  They're gooood.
I won't bore with details about my runs, but I will say this if you can somehow wrangle in a workout partner, it will help motivate you to workout.  This is a tried and true, age old legendary tale that I just believe to be true.  Two pairs of running legs are better than one.
Otherwise, this scene would have sent me straight back to bed.  Instead, we got a nice 7 miler in!
But...the running details are these:  1.  I've been throwing in a couple of "tempo" runs.  I'm not all technical, but just trying to run harder than normal.  Totally uncomfortable.  It's harder, but I like it.  And, it makes me enjoy my longer "easier" runs more.  2.  I have horrible running fashion sense.  Really bad outfits, and shorts that look more like diapers.  A real bad look.  3.  I'm getting sick of what's on my ipod and need a major revamp.  I asked for suggestions before, and now I'm begging.  Begging. 4.  The Half that I "said" I was going to run is in October, and I am still not sure if I'm running or not.  It sounds like fun, but I'm worried I won't be ready.  Do I really need to be "ready"?  Can I just run for fun?  OR do I need to compete with myself... I haven't decided.
Green on green...grass green on pea green.  Why didn't I crop this?
Cropped, but awful-er than the green one!  How did I get my arm to go backwards?
 Other totally random stuff swirling around in my head:

Bad running outfits.  Just because both items fall under the category of green, doesn't mean that go.  Or is it color blocking?  That's trendy.  See above pictures.

I've really been trying to totally give up cut back on candy and sweets in general.  You know how if you're trying to not do something, or not eat something...you should probably try to stay away from it, right?  I need serious help...
On my kitchen counter.   I'm an educated human being.  You don't have to tell me what a dumb move that is.
Kid who doen't eat baked goods...can't waste a cupcake.  Especially with sprinkles!  
Pink donut for the Pink Princess.  Of course she only licks off the pink, then guess who finishes the rest of the slobbery confection.  Even spit won't stop me.  
 Why doesn't every restroom have one of these on the wall?  Huh?  I am so sick of making a "birds nest" on every public toilet, only for it to get knocked in the bowl when Sweet J hops on!
Love me some Scott Personal Seats.  
I guess I have more of a food issue than I first let on to...I found the best. butter. ever. today at Krogs.  Check it out.  Here's the ingredients in case you aren't a sick junk food sicko like me.  This stuff is heavenly.
Look, 0g Trans Fat...per serving.  What about if you double quadripple the serving?  Still 0 for sure.

Hello cinnamon toast!  I can't believe I just found you today!  Where have you been all my life?
I love catching my kids doing hilarious things while they're playing in a world of their own.  Sweet J's nap time.  She was mad I "woke them up" when I took the picture.  Sorry.
Since I can't put coffee on my coffee table or it will end up on the carpet in 2 seconds, why not wrap dolls up in Kleenex and put them on there instead?
I finally arranged the "junk" drawer.  The straw that broke the camel's back was when I stabbed myself on lose thumb tacks while shoving away the batteries  and shoelaces to try and find a pen.  This should be the answer to our prayers for a good week.  Give or take.
I will come arrange your junk drawer for a small fee.  Book now, because my time is limited and space is filling up.
I plan to keep up the running until school starts on the freaking 4th or September.  Then, it's back to the grind and back to a strict schedule that will take some getting used to.  BUT...I LOVE a schedule.  LOVE it.  And I'm excited to have to jam everything into one little day and get it all done.  Real freaking excited. :)

I have been loving my Shakeology every morning this summer.  I LOVE it.  I have an extra bag somehow.  I must have missed a day or 2 here and there.  I'd love to have someone give it a try at my cost...which is 25% less than the list price.  Email me if you're interested in trying it.  A 30 day supply at 25% off...not a bad deal!  I'd love to give you more details about the benefits of Shakeology too...email if you're interested in more info!
source




11 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the nappy changing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you still have the Shakeology? I would love to try it!! Email me at nlboyington.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think your running outfit looks good, Melissa. I agree that having a workout buddy helps because knowing someone who is trying as hard as you will lift your spirits. Just remember to take breaks in between rigid workouts so that your muscles won't get over fatigued.

    Madison Mcnulty @PersonalTrainersTampa.co

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks for reading!