Wednesday, December 21, 2011

There's More to Me


Trying to fall asleep last night, I had a swirl of thoughts run through my head.

Why am I "blogging"? Am I really a "blogger"? What message to have to "blog" about?

Fitness for one. That is for sure, but there's so much more to me.
I am a mom. I have 2 absolutely beautiful kids.
Drew is 4 and a half, and Jordan is 2; almost 3. They fuel my day. They are totally the reasons why I feel it is so important to stay in good shape, and keep myself moving everyday. I want them to grow up believing in good old exercise. Believing in motivation, and get-up-and-go-ness, and that sitting around won't get you anywhere. I love them to pieces, they are my everything!


I read that by the age of 65, you could have lost up to 80% of your muscle "usefulness" if you aren't active at a younger age. That is something to think about.

Who else am I? I'm a wife too. My husband, Kent, is a teacher and high school football coach. He is more busy and occupied than anyone I know. He has 101 things on his plate everyday. Even though football season is in the fall...for him it lasts all year round. Those boys on his team are lucky to have him in their lives, and I'm pretty sure that most of them are thankful for all he does. I mean, 70% of the year, it seems like he's with those boys more than he's with his own children! But that's the nature of the sport.
I never grew up around football, but I've come to understand that it's much more than a sport that kids play. It's a mindset and a lifestyle. One that my husband truly embraces and loves. I love him for that.
So, I'm also a wife of a football coaach.

I'm a teacher too. I love teaching. I have classes full of tenngers; middle schoolers everyday. They are hysterical, in all senses of the word. The job can be the most rewarding, and then the next second I'm sitting with my head in my hands feeling like I can't do it anymore. What a roller coaster! But, it's worth it. Teach Spanish, but I also like to think I teach character. Now a days, it's frowned upon to preach virtue and morality in the classroom, but I slip it in whenever I can. These kids need that more than they'll ever need to speak in Spnaish!

I'm a a daughter of 2 awesome and dedicated parents, and I'm a sister to the best little sister in the world. I'm a house keeper, and a really bad cook!

Is there more? Probably, and that's what this blog is all about for me! I've only actually followed 2 blogs in my life: Four Plus and Angel and Happy Healthy Mama. So bear with me as I start my own journey! My documentation of, well, life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks for reading!