Tuesday, May 1, 2012

RE-Workin It and 2 Things


Source
To the right is my Daily Mile, mile counter.  It says 295 miles for the year.  It's said that since Saturday.  That means, I haven't run since Saturday...ummm...hellooo?  Why not?  What the heck?  I thought my goal was to hit 300 by the end of this last week?  Sah-lacker!!

Yes, I haven't run a lick since Saturday.  I love to run.  I just haven't.  It doesn't fit in lately.  To run, means I have to leave the house.  To leave the house means I have to either bring both kids, or leave them home.  I can only leave them home if there is another adult (my husband) there, and since baseball is back in season...that ain't happening.  Both children squished into the bike carriage turned running stroller is certain disaster after 1 mile.  So, we compromise.

I do like to exercise early in the morning.  And, yesterday on Dr. Oz, he mentioned that the best time to exercise is in the morning.  But, at the time I have to get outside, it's pitch dark and I get freaked out too easily running out there alone in the ....    dark.  Don't like it.  Probably not too safe.

Sooo...I've started another round of INSANITY.  I've been doing it off and on, just sort of picking through the videos which one I felt like doing that day on off running days.  But, since most days lately are off running days, I've decided to just jump back in.

This means that I'm probably not going to be running that half in June.  Kind of a bummer, but I don't think I'm one who can just run a half without training well before hand.  Who knows though.  I'm not counting it out completely, and I'm not quitting running.  I'm just doing something else in it's place until I can get back on schedule.

I will say that mostly, I judge my fitness level on how I feel when I'm working out, and during the Pure Cardio yesterday, I was able to do the entire video up to the V-Pushups.  I had to stop in the middle of those for a second to let my head boil back down from the brink of explosion, and to let my shoulders simma down.  So this round of INSANITY is going to be an A&% kicker!!  Love it!!

Anyway, I just wanted to update on the workout status...and mention that I'm not totally slacking off, just a change in plans.

I'll un-officially call the next segment 2 Things Tuesday because these 2 things make me smile.
Jordi and Grammy made me a craft...stamps, stickers, the whole works.  Love my Jordi Bear!!
D-Man, jamming to some MJ at the bowling party on Sunday for his friend at school.  This is his "cool" face.  Love!!

How about you?  What happens when you've got a change in schedule?  How do you work around it?  What's your all time favorite workout?
What makes you smile?

11 comments:

  1. That's a lot of questions, Meliss! Tim's schedule is crazy so I'm always having to switch things up and be flexible. I try to just make it work. My all-time favorite workout is a basketball game. Does that count? Unfortunately I never get to do that as a workout any more. You make me smile. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny that you would still pick bball over anything! I try to stay as far away from swimming laps as possible...it makes me cringe a little! I think Luke is looking a lot like the Pikes!! What do you think?

      Delete
  2. Haha I don't actually handle changes in my schedule very well... but I do try to be flexible! I love Jillian Michaels dvds when I'm pressed for time and need to get in a workout at home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the Jillian Michaels 6 Pack Abs...only 30 minutes, and an killer!

      Delete
  3. Happy new follower that needs to lose weight myself!

    Glad I found you!

    ~Samantha
    www.thepeanutsgang.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I am a new follower from the blog hop. I think your blog will be a great help when I am trying to drop the baby weight!

    http://bassinetbabble.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I just checked out your blog, Laura! Enjoy this time so much! I loved being pregnant!

      Delete
  5. Also a new follower from the blog hop - in fact, I just stumbled upon the blog hop today. Recently completed my first hop (A to Z) and it was helpful. Looking forward to following you. Thanks. http://www.valfoxwrites.com/apps/blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to work out a lot in the mornings, but with an infant at home it got kind of hectic. I get my runs in during my lunch hour now... or RUNch. It has worked out pretty well for me so far and adds some excitement to my afternoon. Which of course, makes me smile. See. See how that came full circle. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And the winner is... check out today's blog post to claim your award...

    http://mjjoachim.blogspot.com/2012/05/woohoo-its-my-very-first-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks for reading!