Thursday, June 14, 2012

Don't Call It A Comeback

First, the past few days worth of workouts:

Today/Thursday:  Nothing yet...this means nothing.  No 1 mile run, no pushups, nothing.

Yesterday/Wednesday:  Insanity Pure Cardio.  1.6 mile run.  The Pure Cardio is such a good workout.  I'm actually sore.  Love it!

Tuesday:  Morning run 4.5 miles.

Monday:  I think I worked a whole post about how I wasn't going to run at all...but then when I went downstairs and told KDog that I posted about not running, he convinced me to go run a mile.  I did.

The streak is back on...that is if I get a run in today.  There's still time.  But, if I don't get it in today, then the streak is off.  Have you ever heard of someone so wishy washy?
Sick of hearing about it yet?

Did I ever mention the time -last year- that I trained the Hal Higdon half marathon schedule to a perfect T in order to run the Detroit Free Press half?  Oh, I ran every mile on that dang paper.  Then, I didn't get my special license to run over the Ambassador Bridge to Canada and back in time.  Didn't run the half.  I ran 13 miles that day anyway, in my neighborhood.  I'm doing it this year.  Talk about wishy washy.  Not to mention top notch procrastinator.

School is officially out for summer.  I love my J.O.B, however, I also love not going to my J.O.B. for approx. 3 month out of the year.

DDog had his pre-school graduation last week, and he looked dapper and 5.  I can't believe he's 5.
How'd my baby get so big?
Grammy and Pops were there.  They wouldn't miss it for the world.  And SweetJ has to put her own twist on things.

We went to the local scary place where mobs of sketchy looking people hang out shopping mall to check out a sale at Bath and Body Works, and we ran into a Butterfly display.  It was really cute, and unexpected, and the kids just had to check it out.

This was one of those times where I just had to completely suck it up and not act like a fruit cake screaming while cute, dainty little butterflies creepily gracefully fluttered all around us in a stinky and hot climate controlled tent.
It's not that I'm actually scared of butterflies.  Look at them.  They're so pretty.  But I'm scared of bugs and flying things, so they technically fall into both categories.  Doesn't matter if they're more bug than bird or the other way around...no good either way.
I got some cute pictures and the kids thought it was cool.  Check that one off the list.

So, as I mentioned before, I haven't done any sort of physical activity today.  I planted some flowers and ran up and down the stairs a few times.  But, my go-to workout, if all else fails, and if you even want to call it one, is PUSHUPS AND PLANKS.  I can do these in any outfit, don't really have to change.  I can do them with my glasses on, which is nice.  I can do these any place inside or outside.

I'll do 4 or 5 sets of 20, 25 or 30 pushups.  Resting 1 - 2 minutes between.  The planks for 2 or 3 minutes.  What I really need to work on is holding those planks longer.  I will try tonight.  I just see the 3 minute and stop.  Today, I will hold it longer.  Hey, I might surprise myself!
Hey, how about I go do that instead of perfecting the art of writing backwards.  Anybody know if there's a setting that will de-mirrorize the computer picture taking thingy?  Yeah, like I'd figure it out anyway.

Anybody have a quick go-to workout that you do in a pinch?

Do you like butterflies?  Is it weird that I don't like them?

Can you write backwards?


11 comments:

  1. I like the workouts you can get from womanshealth website, or from their mags. They are great go-tos and you can get ones that don't require any equipment too.

    I'm totally with you on the butterflies thing too - have actually never liked them and have always felt bad about not liking them. I don't actually really know why i dont, I guess I just don't. Nice to know I'm not the only one out there, my husband thinks it's a bit strange... haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got to check out the womans health site for sure! Anything that doesn't take much other than my sneakers!

      Delete
  2. New follower from the Friday Hop Along. . . My page is all about health and nutrition. I love how you set short term and long term goals to remain inspired! If you get the chance, please come visit me over at www.caveprincess.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stoppting by, Krista! I'm very interested in cleaner eating...your site is very informative and motivating!

      Delete
  3. Hi!

    I'm Shar a new follower from the blog hop!
    Come visit me at: http://sharmartinez.blogspot.com

    LOL I love you last photo! :p Looking forward to more posts about fitness... I actually need to work out myself! I have a really BAD problem with sweets! :/

    xoxo -Shar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shar! Sweets are my pitfall...I just can't have them around...bottom line!

      Delete
  4. Yay! I'm with Team Beachbody too! It's nice to "meet" you! I found your blog on the Blog Train. :) Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm with Beachbody! And trying to pick up my business a bit...we should share tips and tricks!

      Delete
  5. I have some "10 minute" workout DVDs. THe only one I've ever done though is the Yoga one. I love it. It has 5 different 10 minute workouts and you can program it to do any combination in any order, so I usually do 3, but sometimes if there is only time to do 1, I just do the stretching/flexibility ones. Sometimes in the morning though I also do some sun salutations and downward facing dogs to get the blood flowing. And right now, the 1.5 mile run is perfect before work.

    Thanks for the inspiration and for keeping me thinking about what I need to do next (even if it's a quick workout)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yoga, I need to get on the Yoga train. I've tried and tried, but I just can't get into it, although I know it's so good for recovery and between harder runs/workouts!
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  6. New follower from blog hop:). . . I am in a constant struggle to maintain a healthy lifestyle and consistently work out! I have been sick for the last three days so I have not worked out at all! Any tips for getting the motivation back?
    Would love a follow back!:)

    http://crazy-mama-drama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks for reading!