Sunday, January 22, 2012

The New Friday

My favorite day of the week always used to be Friday.  Once all responsibility was officially over; at like 3:00, it was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders.  Nothing to worry about.  Free as a bird.  What shall we do?  Go shopping?  Go out to eat?  Go to the movies?  How about all three, and then hit up the bar after!  Sounds like a plan!

All of the sudden, I find myself in bed, on a Friday night at 10:00.  My husband might even argue it's closer to 9:30.

There are tons of chores left over from the week; the counter's still sticky from a cake making extravaganza, the laundry is still in baskets to be folded, there's dust on the side tables in the living room, there is a scooter in the kitchen, and Hot Wheels in the hall, piles of mail hidden on the other side of the fridge, not to mention the basket full of socks begging to be sorted.

It's always a struggle to get it all done.

I wonder if I'm the only one here, but I'm willing to stick my neck out.  Here goes...

It's Sunday, the week is about to start over again in less than 24 hours, and...there's still laundry to be done, there's now a scooter in the bathroom, there are Hot Wheels and trains in the living room and hall, the mail is still there, a few socks were sorted (a few is 2, right?), the bathrooms need to be cleaned, so does the living room, the house needs to be vacuumed (who decided to carpet the entire upstairs?)

But, we had fun this weekend!

We went to the library and stumbled upon a story time session.  Drew found a coveted football book, and Jordan fell in love with Pinkalicious.

We watched their new favorite movie "Everybody's Hero" a baseball movie, 2.5 times.

We played in the snow at our house and at Grammy and Pop's.

We had front row seats to watch Drew Sikora star as QB in tons of football games in the living room.

Princess Jordan debuted in her Rapunzel dress and crown to make breakfast and lunch today.

We  went out to dinner at Outback with a gift card Kent had in his wallet...Bonus!

I still have a lot of "chores" left to do.  I'm sure the ones that need to get done will...but spending the weekends with my kids is much more important to me than having 200 paris of matching socks  (clearly socks and their lack of organization is an issue in my house, and I'd be willing to bet that 200 is not an unrealistic number).

How could a weekend of rated G movies...on repeat, games of living room football, princess, and the occasional "chore" have won out over anything involving the words 'bar' or 'partying'?

Here's how... my party people are already at home!

My weekend party crew!
























4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Nik! I saw the cutest picture of Parker with her ribbons. She looks just like Kerry!

      Delete
  2. Your blog is too cute! I love how encouraging you are AND I love that you have a gadget that posts your mileage :) That is awesome! I'm a new BloggyMoms follower from the January hop and look forward to your encouraging posts.
    Cheers,
    Tess
    www.inlovebythebeach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tess! Talk about cute! I can't wait to hear more about your baby journey...you're right...a whole other world! Enjoy your mustang rides!! :-)
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks for reading!